Saturday, May 21, 2005

North Carolina Outward Bound

It was about four years ago that I first heard about Outward Bound. It was a name, along with NOLS (National Outdoor Leadership School), that was tossed around freaquently among outdoor enthusiasts as the "Who's Who" of experiential or adventure based learning. For several years, while I was working as an environmental educator, I would flip through the catelog of OB courses and dream about how incredible it would be to spend a month in one of the amazing places where they offer expeditions. Unknown to me, at the same time I was dreaming about these courses I was developing the skills that I would need to not only go on a course with OB but to work as one of their instructors. This summer that is exactly the opportunity that came my way and I am excited to say that I will be spending the next several months (years?) taking people of all ages out in to the wilderness to help them discover a side of themselves they never knew existed. Not only this, but I get to do it along side my beloved partner and fiance' Allison! I've posted some pictures from my New Staff training. I'll try to put some new ones up as the summer progresses.

No comments: